Dr. Tubs provides a care card with all our work informing you on how to care for the reglazed tub, improving the longevity.
For the first 24 hours…
- It’s best not to use the bathroom as temperature and moisture can affect the drying process.
- Make sure nothing comes in contact with the bathtub (water, dust, animals, children, hair…)
After 24 hours has passed…
- If there is masking paper around the tub and tape over the drain, it can be removed slowly.
- Be very careful not to rip off any glaze or caulking.
- The overflow cap can be carefully put back.
- Make sure not to crack / chip any of the bath’s surface as it may still need some time to fully dry / set. The tub can be used 24 hours after reglazing.
- Clean your tub at least once a week with a soft cotton cloth. Use a mild dish soap or general cleaner. Wet the cloth first before cleaning. Rinse and allow to dry.
- Good cleaners to use are: Dawn dish soap, Lysol Basin & Tile Cleaner, Mr. Clean, Fantastic, Palmolive, any natural or general liquid non-abrasive cleaner.
Don’t / Never use…
- Do not rest bottles, toys or wet clothes on the tub as it mayruin the finish.
- Do not use dyes or strong / corrosive chemicals as this will ruin the finish.
- Do not use abrasive / strong cleaning products like Ajax, Vim, Comet, Steel Wool, SOS Pads and sponges, as they may cause the glaze to peel off. Don’t use any bleach containing products, as they will yellow the tub and cause peeling.
- Do not wash animals in the tub, as their claws will rip off the glaze.
- Do not use mats or stick on strips, as they will ruin / rip off the glaze.