Dr. Tubs provides a care card with all our work informing you on how to care for the reglazed tub, improving the longevity.
How to Properly Care and Maintain your Tub for Years
For the first 24 hours…
- It’s best not to use the bathroom as temperature and moisture can affect the drying process.
- Make sure nothing comes in contact with the bathtub (water, dust, animals, children, hair…)
After 24 hours has passed…
- If there is masking paper around the tub and tape over the drain, it can be removed slowly. Be very careful not to rip off any glaze or caulking.
- The overflow cap can be carefully put back.
- Make sure not to crack / chip any of the bath’s surface as it may still need some time to fully set. The tub can be used 24 hours after reglazing.
- Clean your tub at least once a week with a SOFT COTTON CLOTH and a mild dish soap or general cleaner. Wet the cloth first before cleaning. Rinse and allow to dry.
- Good cleaners to use are: Dawn / Lysol dish soap, Mr. Clean, any natural or general liquid non-abrasive cleaner.
Don’t / Never use…
- Do not use bathmats or stick-on strips, as they will ruin / rip off the glaze.
- Do not use footwear of any type while showering, as they will ruin the finish.
- Do not use abrasive / strong cleaning products like Ajax, Vim, Comet, Steel-Wool, SOS Pads, Scotch Brite pads or sponges, they cause the glaze to peel. Don’t use vinegar, citrus scented, Pinesol or anything containing bleach (eg. Fantastik, Scrubbing Bubbles, anything that says it will “kill 99.9% of Bacteria”), as they will cause yellowing and peeling.
- Do not leave bottles, buckets, mats, toys, towels or wet clothes on the tub as they may ruin the finish.
- Do not use Epsom or bath salts as they will scratch the surface, causing it to peel.
- Do not use dyes or strong / corrosive chemicals as this will ruin the finish.
- Do not wash animals in the tub, as their claws will rip off the glaze.
- Fix your leaky faucets, as dripping water will wear through the hardest of surfaces. Make sure that your plumbing problems are fixed immediately.
WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Neglecting to follow the above voids the warranty